+VAT: 2,820.00 SR
The FERITSCOPE FMP30 measures the ferrite content
in austenitic and duplex steel according to the magnetic
induction method. All magnetisable structure sections are measured i. e., in addition to deltaferrite also strain-induced martensite, for example, or other ferritic phases.
It is suited for measurements according to the Basler-
Standard and according to DIN EN ISO 17655. Areas of application are onsite measurements, e. g. of austenitic platings as well as weld seams in stainless steel pipes, containers, boilers or other products made of austenitic or duplex steel.
Duplex steel is used increasingly in the chemical and
petrochemical industries, e. g., for boilers and pipelines.
A ferrite deficit in the weld seam area leads to strength
reduction, an excess ferrite content to a reduction in
toughness and ductility.
In particular when welding duplex steel, the ferrite
content in the welding area can easily assume unfavorable values either due to unsuitable welding filler materials or through poor heat input or heat removal. Only an onsite measurement can provide the assurance that the processing did not change the optimum ferrite content in an unfavourable manner at the expense of mechanical or corrosion-resistance properties.
Areas of applicationOnsite measurements, e. g. of austenitic platings as well as weld seams in stainless steel pipes, containers, boilers or other products made of austenitic or duplex steel.
FERITSCOPE FMP30 Features
- User-friendly operation menu
- Multiple language selections
- Large, easy to read color display
- Robust housing
- Non-destructive measurement of the ferrite content in a range from 0.1 to 80 % Fe or 0.1 to 110 FN
- Units of measurement switchable between WRC-FN and % Fe
- Automatic probe recognition
- Sliding cover for keypad; however, On/Off and evaluation keys remain accessible at all times
- Protection of settings though lockable keypad
- Battery or line operation
- Automatic instrument shut-down or continuous operation
- Feritscope FMP30 Brochure